Kingdom loyalties Part 2
Ok, be honest, how many of you have elevated blood pressure after each presidential debate? It is difficult to avoid getting caught up in the commotion (and anxieties) of the current election process. There are so many important issues, and so much uncertainty. What will happen to religious liberties, the national debt, the health care system, abortion laws? Will new accusations take down Donald Trump... will new email dump revelations finally unravel Hillary Clinton’s candidacy? What happens if the candidate who loses does not accept the results of the election? Will the people of the USA accept and support whoever wins the election? The answer to these (and many other questions) is... “We don’t know!!" So many uncertainties. How should we handle all this? One option is: worry, fret, watch and read endless hours of discussions regarding the candidates, engage in endless hours of debates/arguments, watch your blood pressure rise, lose sleep, lose hair, lose friends...
Or... follow these steps for a better alternative...
1) Pray: for the candidates, for God’s will to be done, and that God will give you wisdom and perspective.
2) Take time each day to read God’s Word: ask God to use His Word to transform you into the person He wants you to be.
3) Exercise faith: trust that God is in control. Do not put faith in politicians to save us.
4) Seek to be the light: speak the truth in love. Vote for what you believe best represents Biblical principles.
5) Remember that what this country needs most, and what each person needs most, is Jesus!
"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ.” Philippians 3:20
“Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become
blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a warped and
crooked generation. Then you will shine like stars in the sky as you
hold firmly to the word of life." Philippians 2:14-16
To see what's
happening this week, click here.
To see what's happening this month,